I am here to bring my care and creativity to every child I teach!
My name is Robertha Hernandez. I am a native Spanish speaker from Santiago, Chile and have been living in San Francisco for the past ten years. In Chile, I received a Degree in Arts and Fashion Design, and ran my family’s business, an international clothing company. During this time, I learned to speak English fluently, and realized that I both loved, and have a talent for working with languages, and so I decided to embark on a career as a language teacher.
I have spent the past eleven years teaching Spanish to children and adults, in both group and one on one settings. I have worked several language schools around the Bay Area: Language program Lango Kids, and I have run my own Spanish language immersion camps for kids here in San Francisco. I am currently back in college to get my Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development. I hold a California Site Supervisor Credential as a Preschool Director.
I am a mother of two girls born in 2010 and 2013. My daughters gave me the inspiration to start working from home and open my Family Child Care where I can keep teaching Spanish to children which I have been doing for the last 6 years.
I regularly participate in educational seminars and always bring new ideas and input to their daily tasks. These ideas are passed on to your child in playful exercises and learning sessions.
My Certifications include:
- Child Care Preventative Health and Safety
- Child Care First Aid
- CPR for Adult, Child, and Infant
- CDEV 53 Child Growth and Development
- CDEV 65 Orientation to ECE Principles and Practice for Child Development
- CDEV 66 Intro to Early Childhood Curriculum
- CDEV 67 The Child, The Family and The community
- ESL for Child Development
- CDEV 41N Music and Movement In Family Child Care
- CDEV 41 V Exploring Math in Family Child Care
- CDEV in Bilingual Education
- CDEV 41P Mixed Ages in Family Child Care
- CDEV 41S Learning Activities in Family Child Care
- CDEV 46 Children with ADD & ADHD
- CDEV 72 Supervised Field Experience
Graduate of Creating Economic Opportunity for Women (CEO Women)
*Received CEO Women award for Most Promising Entrepreneur 2009.